At Angel Foundation, we know that a cancer diagnosis impacts the whole family. When a parent with children is diagnosed with cancer, an initial concern is often about their children. The AngelPack program is a tangible resource that metro area clinics and hospital staff can provide to families to help address these concerns. Speaking openly and honestly about cancer is critical to the wellbeing of the whole family.
The purpose of AngelPacks is to provide families with the information and support they need to establish healthy communication regarding the cancer experience as early as possible.
What are AngelPacks?
AngelPacks are therapeutic backpacks given to children and teens who have a parent, grandparent, or guardian with cancer. These packs include developmentally appropriate guidebooks and coping items that provide comfort, reduce stress, and promote healthy conversation. AngelPacks are available for children (5-8), preteens (9-12) and teens (13-18). In addition, parents, grandparents, or guardians receive a separate folder with resources.
Adult cancer patients who are raising school-age children.
How Can My Child Receive an AngelPack?
Currently, more than 40 clinics and hospitals in the Twin Cities metro area have AngelPacks available. Please see the full list of locations below.
How Can My Clinic Receive AngelPacks?
If you are a patient or oncology provider in the seven-county Twin Cities metro area and interested in having AngelPacks at your clinic or hospital, please contact Emily at email@example.com or 612-627-9000 ext. 507.
AngelPack Clinics and Hospitals
- Virginia Piper Cancer Center, Abbott Hospital
- Virginia Piper Cancer Center, Mercy Hospital
- Virginia Piper Cancer Institute, St. Paul
- Virginia Piper Cancer Institute, Unity Hospital
- Francis Regional Medical Center Cancer Clinic
Fairview Health Services
- Ridges Hospital (Adult)
- Ridges Hospital (Pediatrics)
- Ridges Breast Center
- Ridges Radiation Therapy
- Southdale Cancer Clinic
- Southdale Breast Center
- Cancer Care and Infusion Center
North Memorial Health Care
- Humphrey Cancer Center
- Maple Grove Hospital*
Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC)
- Adult Cancer Center
- Blood and Marrow Transplant Hospital and Clinic
- Maple Grove Cancer Center
- Orthopedic Surgery Clinic
- Ridges Cancer Clinic
- University of Minnesota Masonic Children’s Hospital and Clinics
- University of Minnesota Medical Center – Oncology Units: 7C & 7D
Minnesota Oncology Clinics
- Burnsville Clinic
- Chaska Clinic
- Coon Rapids Clinic
- Edina Clinic
- Fridley Clinic
- Maplewood Cancer Center
- Minneapolis Clinic
- Plymouth WestHealth Clinic
- St. Paul Cancer Center
- Waconia Clinic
- Woodbury Clinic
- Frauenshuh Cancer Center
- Maple Grove Cancer Center
- Jane Brattain Breast Center
- Regions Hospital Cancer Care Center
HealthEast Care System
- HealthEast Cancer Care, St. John’s Hospital
- HealthEast Woodwinds Health Campus