Angel Foundation is excited to utilize BidPal technology at our fundraising events. BidPal allows guests to play and donate in an easy and fun way directly from your smartphone!
This guide is meant to help you understand how to use BidPal at Angel Gala and to see how the technology will be used throughout the event.
- An Angel Foundation staff member or volunteer will ask for your name to locate your profile in BidPal
- He or she will confirm that your email and phone number are correct
- The phone number on your profile must be your cell phone number
- If you and a guest plan to be on the same bid number (for example, a husband and wife would likely want to be on the same number), your profiles should already be linked in our system, however it is important that both of your cell phone numbers are entered in the system
- You will be asked to swipe a credit card at registration
- This allows you to participate in the silent auction and games during the cocktail hour and reception, and speeds up the checkout process at the end of the night
- You are required to have a credit card on file to participate, but this card will not be charged unless you purchase something
- If you would like to pay with a different card, multiple cards, cash, or check at the end of the night, you may do so
- After checking in, you will receive a text from BidPal containing a link to our event profile (If you do not receive a text, go back to the registration table for help)
- Each link is personalized to your bid number (and credit card!) so it is important that you do not share the link with others
- When you click the link, you will be prompted to either “Download the BidPal app” or “Continue to auction”. We recommend downloading the app for the best experience, but continuing to the auction will work as well.
- You will see your home screen, which will look like this:
- Blue Buttons indicate what is available for purchase, such as silent auction items and games
- “Enter Item #”: as you are walking around the silent auction, if you see an item you want to bid on, you can enter the item number (listed on the item) and then enter a bid
- “Items by Category”: allows you to browse silent auction items by category
- “Items with No Bids”: allows you to search items that haven’t been bid on yet- find deals here!
- “Games”: allows you to purchase your participation in the evening’s games, such as the punchboard and pay for a pop. This is also where you will find our Tribute Roses and our AngelPack Pals, if you forgot your stuffie at home!
- Green “Make a Donation” Button:
- You can donate to Angel Foundation at any time throughout the event by using this button
- This is also where you will record your Fund a Need during the evening’s program.
- Orange “My Items” Button:
- This shows items of which you are the highest bidder, things you have purchased, donations you have made, and items that you are watching
Bidding on an Item:
Once you find an item that interests you, click on it for additional details, including a description, the value, the starting bid, the minimum raise, and more
- Click the green “Submit Bid” button to bid on an item
- You can bid the minimum amount to become the highest bidder or a larger amount
- After you submit your bid, you have the option to set a maximum bid
- With a maximum bid set, BidPal will automatically bid on your behalf whenever you are outbid until your maximum bid is reached
- If you are outbid, a flashing “outbid alert” will appear at the top of the screen
- You can go to “My Items” for more information
- If you aren’t sure if you want to bid on an item but want to check back on it later, press the yellow “Watch Item” button
- This bookmarks the item on the “My Items” tab but does not place a bid
- The button will then change to say “Stop Watching Item”, which you can press if you no longer want it bookmarked
Playing a Game:
- To play a game, select the blue “Game” button, then select the game you would like to play
- Select the green “Buy Now” button, choose the quantity you would like to buy, and hit “Confirm Buy”
- Because we have a limited number of prizes, please do not purchase your participation in the games until you are playing them!
During the Evening Program:
- The live auction will be the same as in the past, with you raising paddles to bid
- If you purchase a live auction item, a staff member or volunteer will confirm the charge and add it to your BidPal account
- During Fund a Need, you will still be asked to hold up your paddle when you choose to make a donation
- After your paddle number has been announced/recorded, you will need to enter your donation on your personal device
- This is done by selecting the green “Make a Donation” button from the BidPal homescreen
Remember, you do not need to pay for anything with the credit card that we have on file – you can pay with a different card, multiple cards, cash, check, or with a combination of methods – please find an Angel Foundation Staff Member or Volunteer at the event for help!
If you would like to learn more about how BidPal works and what the webpage will look like, please visit http://www.bidpal.com/how-to-bidpal/. Please note that not everything in the video is applicable to Angel Foundation or Angel Gala.