Angel & Eagles 2020
July 20 @ 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Angel & Eagles Golf Classic, presented by Minnesota Oncology!
Monday, July 20
Tee times available from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Minnesota Valley Country Club
Please join us for a safe and fun day of golf while supporting families facing cancer. In this time of uncertainty, your help is needed now more than ever. Prior to golfing with us on July 20, we invite you to participate in our new virtual program on Saturday, July 18 at 7 p.m. In this live stream, we will share our mission with stories of impact, provide entertainment, and auction off some local celebrities to golf with you, all in a short program you can enjoy from home.
Further event details and golf guidelines are below. We encourage you to sign up ASAP to get your tee time preference as we sold out the tournament last year. Registration will close Friday, July 10. We are incredibly grateful for your support of Angel Foundation!
- This year’s event will be golf “JUST FOR FUN” with no winner group or individuals.
- Prizes will be awarded by random drawing.
- Tee times will be assigned at 12 minute intervals 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (no shotgun start as in past years).
- Sign up today to get your preferred tee time window. Dedication Teams will receive priority tee times.
- Riding Carts and Push Carts will be sanitized and available.
- Event guests that can walk are encouraged to do so rather than taking a cart
- One person to a cart (household members can be two in a cart)
- Event guests using carts must throw out all of their own garbage before returning it to staff
Food & Beverages
- Depending on your tee time, a box breakfast or lunch will be waiting for you on the first tee (by group – only 4 at a time properly social distanced)
- Lunch or afternoon snack will be served “to go” at the 10th tee
- Drinks – Drink tickets can be redeemed either at the halfway house or one of the beverage carts
Guidelines for maximum social distancing while you golf.
- Do not mark your ball on the green
- When putting, continue until you have holed out – the closest to the hole could putt first
- After you have putt out – exit the green
- “Gimmies” when your ball is 1 putter length from the hole
- Do not gather anywhere with more than 1 foursome (or group).
- Be particularly cognizant of social distancing at all times.
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet or more between yourself and any staff
Starting Your Round
- Pre-made bags of tees, markers, scorecards, pencils will be provided
- Tee times will be every 12 minutes to allow for better social distancing. You will see a starter.
- Maintain 6 feet of separation, be mindful no more than one group is to be on the first tee.
On The Golf Course
Playing your round of golf will be fairly normal. Just keep a proper social distance from your playing partners and do not touch course supplies
- Do not touch or remove the flagstick from the cup.
- MVCC has purchased a specially designed pin-attachment that will allow you to retrieve your ball without touching the ball or the pin-flag.
- No rakes on the course. In bunkers move your ball to a smooth spot and hit without penalty. Grounds crew will be raking bunkers on a regular schedule
- Do not touch course supplies (pin, cups, tee markers, 150 posts, hazard stakes) –free drop
- There will be no seed/soil bottles or bins. Replace your divots.
You may need to alter/reduce/eliminate your normal warm-up routine. Since social distancing is important we recommend little or no time dedicated to practice – short warm ups only.
- Driving Range will be closed.
- Practice Putting Green will be open. Be sure to maintain 6 feet of separation with others on the green.
No refunds or cancellations; rain or shine.
Pin Flag Sponsor
Interested in seeing your company’s logo here? Sponsorship opportunities are available!