TITLE: Digital Marketing Intern – January Term
REPORTS TO: Director of Individual Giving & Special Events
SUMMARY: Angel Foundation is seeking a motivated, organized self-starter interested in gaining experience in non-profit event planning, communications, and digital marketing. The person in this position will lend their creativity and digital marketing skillset to successfully promote our Angel Gala fundraiser on Saturday, January 21, at the Hilton Minneapolis and program livestream. The goal of the event is to raise $650,000 to support local adult cancer patients and their families. This is a great opportunity to gain professional experience using fundraising software, Microsoft Office, and social media. This position is also encouraged to network with Angel Foundation staff and board leadership for future career development.
MISSION: Angel Foundation offers relief to adults with cancer and their loved ones through financial assistance, education, and emotional support.
CULTURE STATEMENT At Angel Foundation it starts with “how can I help.” We are a people-first organization that is supportive and collaborative – from our virtual meetings to our programs and events. We are passionate about our mission and dedicated to our common goal of helping each other and the local cancer community.
- Assist with overall digital marketing strategy and communications for the Angel Gala virtual event to achieve fundraising goal of $650,000
- Create social media content to promote the hybrid gala experience and engage users
- Coordinate social media plan and report outcomes
- Inventory approx. 150 online auction items using GiveSmart software and internal tracking spreadsheet
- Curate the auction website, including writing item descriptions and creating images to effectively market the items for high bidding
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate has:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think creatively with a focus on strategy
- Ability to successfully meet deadlines
HOURS AND SCHEDULE
- This internship runs from Tuesday, January 3 to Friday, January 27, 2023
- The average work week will require 35-40 hours
- Specific workdays/times are flexible, and work can be done remotely
- The applicant must be available to work the day and evening of Saturday, January 21 in Minneapolis
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
- Technology: Applicant must provide their own laptop or iPad and internet service to complete work remotely. Desktop workstation will be provided at Angel Foundation headquarters in Mendota Heights.
- Travel requirements: none
The internship can be used to earn course credits (unpaid), or the intern may elect to be paid a $2,000 stipend.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by Thursday, October 20 to Erica Hollom, Director of Individual Giving and Special Events, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via Handshake.
To learn more about our Equal Opportunity Policy, click here.