Angel Foundation assists adults in active cancer treatment who live (or receive treatment) in the seven-county Twin Cities, Minnesota metro area. We provide emergency financial assistance for non-medical expenses, so you can focus on your treatment, self-care and healing.
Who is eligible to receive financial assistance from Angel Foundation?
- Must be over 18 years of age.
- Must have a cancer diagnosis.
- Must be in active treatment (chemotherapy, radiation, bone marrow transplant, hospice, palliative care or surgery with a recovery time in excess of four weeks.)
- Must be living in or treated in the seven-county metro area of Minnesota (Ramsey, Dakota, Washington, Anoka, Hennepin, Carver or Scott Counties).
- Must meet the financial guidelines set by Angel Foundation.
- Patient may only receive a general financial assistance grant once in their lifetime.
What CAN I pay using the financial assistance I receive?
- Rent or mortgage payment
- Home phone or cell phone bill
- Gas, electric, or water bill
- Garbage bill
- Cub Foods gift cards
- Gasoline purchases using Holiday fuel cards
What CANNOT be paid for using the financial assistance a patient receives?
- Medical, dental or prescription expenses
- Childcare fees
- Credit card payments
- Cable or internet bills
- Car payments, repairs or car insurance
- Insurance fees
Applicants will be notified of their grant status within 7-10 business days of Angel Foundation receiving the application.
If you have any questions about our program or would like a paper application mailed to you, please contact our office or (612) 627-9000.
If you have school-aged children or grandchildren, we have additional resources through our Facing Cancer Together program.