A cancer diagnosis can pose a tremendous financial burden on an individual and their family. The Emergency Financial Assistance program provides assistance to adults in active treatment for their cancer for their basic, non-medical living expenses such as food, gas, utilities and rent or mortgage payments. Our goal is to help ease the financial burden and worry, so that you can reserve more energy for self care and healing.
Who is eligible to receive financial assistance from Angel Foundation?
- Must be over 18 years of age.
- Must have a cancer diagnosis.
- Must be in active treatment for cancer (chemotherapy, radiation, bone marrow transplant, hospice, palliative care or surgery with a recovery time in excess of four weeks). Hormone therapy is not considered active treatment.
- Must be living in or treated in the seven-county metro area of Minnesota – Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott, and Washington.
- Must meet the financial guidelines set by Angel Foundation.
Our application can be downloaded here (Please note – if you download the application, you will need to print it off as it requires signatures in order to be processed). If you would like a hard copy of the application mailed to you, please call us at (612) 627-9000.
The first page of the application (the Medical Information Form) and the top portion of the second page (the Patient Information Form) needs to be completed by a social worker or health care professional. An Oncologist, Registered Oncology Nurse or licensed medical Social Worker needs to verify the patient has cancer and is currently undergoing treatment by signing the Medical Information Form. The Release Form must be signed by the patient.
Applicants will be notified of their grant status within 7-10 business days of Angel Foundation receiving the application.
Applications can be mailed, faxed, or emailed to us at:
1155 Centre Pointe Drive, Suite 7
Mendota Heights, Minnesota 55120
Fax: (612) 338-3018
If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Kielas by phone (612) 627-9000 ext. 502 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have school aged children or grandchildren, see the resources in our Facing Cancer Together program .